Okay, so I had to go to the gynecologist to get my bc pills updated. I was given these a few years back by a different gynecologist, for heavy bleeding, ovarian cyst and to help keep the fibroids from growing more.
Unfortunately, my insurance changed and I couldn’t go back to the previous gynecologist. (I’ve now rectified that situation, I’ve switched insurance through the marketplace and I’ll be able to go see her again. Yeah.)
Well a couple months back, my prescription ran out. So I went ahead and scheduled a visit with the new gyn in an attempt to get my script renewed.
He decided to feel my uterus. He didn’t like that it’s about the size of a 16 week pregnancy. Well, I knew that a few years back when this first came up. (I just thought I was getting fat, until I noticed in the mirror my ‘fat’ was beginning to look like a baby bump. Fibroids run in the family, which is what prompted the visit to a gyn after many years of not going. My bad, I know.) He’s like “And you’re fine with that?” I said, “well, it’s better than major surgery!”
He’s thinking the fibroids might be bugging my kidneys. (I hope not!) I’d rather have a D&C. He’s suggesting a hysterectomy.
So I’m going to get bloodwork done Monday, and then I go to an imaging place to have a sonogram and something else done.
I don’t want a hysterectomy. That would be at least 6 weeks recovery time. I really can’t afford to take that much time off work. Plus I help my dad with mom, one of the things I assist with is getting Mom in her wheel chair. If I had a hysterectomy, I would not be able to do any lifting for 6 weeks.
Sigh…. I want a second opinion!
At least I don’t have any pain from the darned things…..